The Maximum Security expansion not only brings the mall guards of Magic Maze to life, but provides a number of other modules to allow you to customize your experience. There are two different types of modules: helpers and challenges, which decrease or increase the difficulty. You will be guided step by step through all of the modules, and each of them comes with a tutorial that will help you practise the new rules before adding it to your “real” games of Magic Maze.
– Ventilation shafts: the dwarf can open ventilation shafts for all the heroes to move quickly from one end of it to the other.
– Wall breaches: the barbarian can breach the walls of the mall for all the heroes to move through it.
– Spells: the mage can cast 2 spells among 10 available, with instant or temporary effects.
– Telekinesis: the elf can move Mall tiles around
– Anti-stress tokens: you can use them at anytime to allow a discussion, swap Action tiles or flip the sand timer.
– Maps & Auto-explore spaces: explore the mall much quicker!
– Control room: use that special space to send the guards to Vortex spaces.
– Guard: a Hero and a Guard cannot stand or pass through a Mall tile where the other type of pawn is standing. You move the guards just like heroes.
– Reinforcement guards: these extra guards are added when the theft is commited.
– Guard room: if a Hero an a Guard are (by mistake) on the same tile, the hero gets caught and must be freed.
– Beholder: a Hero and the Beholder cannot stand or pass through a Mall tile where the other type of pawn is standing. A hero must be standing on a Command space to move the Beholder.
– Sensor: a Hero cannot stand on a space covered by the sensor. A hero must be standing on a Control space to rotate the sensor.
– Locked escape: a Hero must be standing on a Code space for the dwarf to be able to escape.
All of these modules bring in more options to make Magic Maze a more intense and puzzling experience.